Thursday, May 28, 2009

Whoo Hoo!

Reached 3,000 miles on the bike this morning on the way to work. That's 2,000 from 2008 and 1,000 so far this year.

I had a goal to hit 1,000 this year before the TDN, I didn't tell anyone incase I failed. Now if I can just get in a couple of longer mile rides before the tour, then I'll really feel like I'm ready. It's hard to find the time though.

A end of day update: The ride home from work was great. I stopped in at my LBS Bike Pedalers on 33rd & B St. visited with them about new narrower tires that might offer a little less road resistance and some preventive maintenance including break pads, new chain and rear set as well as a tune-up. They ordered the parts. I'll take it in a couple weeks so it'll be freshly tuned for the tour. I can't get over how they really go the extra mile for their customers. There is nothing as sweet as a freshly tuned up bike and the confidence that goes along with knowing you'll be safe to explore anywhere without safety issues or a break down. Today's miles = 21.32

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails