Monday, May 11, 2009

NOA Bikes to Work With Mayor Beutler.

To kick off Bike To Work Week Lincoln cyclist were invited to 'bike to work with the Mayor' this morning. We met at the junction of the Billy Wolff and Rock Island Trails and rode to the city/county building. There Mayor Beutler officially declared this week "Bike to Work Week" and Friday as "Bike to Work Day".

There were also prizes and give-aways. I want to thank Cycle Works for the cool swag I picked up. That was very generous, and really cool to see you out supporting cycling events like this. All the local cycling organizations seemed to be represented and it was just a neat event and great way to start Bike to Work Week.

Afterword I rode on to work. I finished up a couple of things and now am going to the oral surgeon to get that tooth pulled. Wish me luck. If I don't pull through, the service will be at 11:00 Wednesday followed by lunch and the burial at 1:00. Hope you'll be there. Today's miles 12.23.

1 comment:

  1. It was a beautiful morning for this event. Very nice to meet you and I hope to see you out on the trail on Taco Tuesdays. I'll say hello to Jon.
    Best regards,
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails