Friday, May 8, 2009

Columbus' Bob Lake & Two Lakes Trails

Had a meeting yesterday in Columbus Ne. Afterword I took a few minutes to explore some of their trails.

Check out the C.A.R.T. site for a map and info.

It was a very quiet and peaceful trail around some lakes. With nice parks and campgrounds managed by Loup Power.

I rode 9.35 miles. And plan to explore more of Columbus' trails next chance I get.

One cool thing - they had a 'prayer walk' on the trail yesterday in recognition of National Day of Prayer.

But yesterday I was pretty miserable. My face continued to swell and I looked like Quasimodo. Every hole, bump, rock, stick, etc. I ran over would make my toothache reverberate through my whole body.

Once I got back to Lincoln I walked into the Oral Surgeon and he almost squeezed me in to get it pulled. But scheduled me for an extraction on Monday.

I'm worried now that I won't recover fast enough to Nacho Ride next week. Is it bad when the first thing you think of when you have a medical emergency is the impact it'll have on your riding regimen?

I went to bed at 5:00 last night and didn't get up till 5:00 this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails