Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What a great commute!

This morning was a great morning for a ride into work. The weather was perfect, lots of bikes on the trails and some new scenery to keep things interesting.

Out with the old and in with the new, is the mantra around 20th-22nd and O to Q St. as they knock down the old Ben's Auto Parts building and put in new bike trails in the Antelope Valley Project.

Possibly the highlight of my cycling week was my first black squirrel sighting of the year. I thought I saw her a week or two ago, but finally this morning I got a good look at this black squirrel on the John Dietrich Trail near that bike sculpture just west of 48th. I'd never seen one till I moved to Lincoln a year and a half ago. I often saw them last summer in Antelope Park on the Rock Island Trail. Find out more about black squirrels here or here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails