Thursday, August 20, 2009

Omaha River Front & Bob Kerrey Bridge

I had a little time after meetings today in Council Bluffs and Omaha to take a ride on the riverfront trail system in Omaha.

And check out the Bob Kerrey bridge.

I think this is the first time I've ever rode my bike across a state line. Cool!

Just after leaving the bridge on the Iowa side I spotted this on display near the trail in Council Bluffs... welcome to Council Bluffs Iowa...

Rain clouds passed over several times bringing very short showers lasting 10 minutes or so.

Here is a cool 'board-walk' area going from south of the Bob Kerrey bridge to the ConAgra campus.

These trails hug the Missouri River with the city skyline in the background.

Boat rides are avalable in the evenings and on weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails