Monday, July 6, 2009

Uncle Sam Jam was worth the wait.

Friday's planned Uncle Sam Jam with the Lincoln Symphony Orchestra and grand fireworks show was postponed till Sunday due to rain.

Well, tonight was beautiful so 6 of us rode our bikes the 7.5 miles to Oak Lake Park for the festivities. Riding bikes is the way to go and beats the heck out of parking or waiting forever to get out when it's over.

Lots of others had the same idea too. The crowd was huge and the music and fireworks were amazing!

I even made a new friend, after showing this curious little guy my bike lights he decided I was pretty cool and wanted to sit with me while we waited for the show to begin. So while his mom entertained his brother he entertained me. He thought we were pretty neat... At least until the fireworks started.

What a great way to end an awesome weekend. And from the canoe ride, to Seward's bike ride, to the Larry The Cable Guy show, to tonight's fireworks we had a great time! And thanks to eating at home before and after events and finding free outdoor fun. I didn't pull my wallet out once the whole 3-day weekend.

With this morning's commute and tonight's ride to Uncle Sam Jam I racked up 35.11 miles for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails