Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Aloha from the 30th Nacho Ride!

Tonight's Nacho Ride was the 30th Nacho Ride and had a Hawaiian theme. It was so much fun!

Phil was stationed at the trailhead handing out leis, thankfully he wasn't kissing everyone as he gave them out.

Hawaiian shirts were everywhere and I was happy to join in on the festive atmosphere.

At the One Eye'd Dog Saloon everyone was having a great time! I didn't even try to count how many Nachoers there were. But, I'd guess maybe 100. Check the Nacho Ride site for the official count and naming of this weeks LBS gift certificate winner.

I also want to give a shout out to other bloggers that rode tonight from the Nebraska Trails, BeerorKid, ride your bike, and BFF Husker blogs, all great sites to check reguarly and it's good to see so many out on the Mopac tonight. If there were others and want linked, or if you've posted pics on flicker, pop me an email and I'll share the love. On the ride I also had a chance to visit with a rider from the Lincoln Journal Star. It's great to see so many promoting the fun of the weekly Nacho Ride.

I traded a lei and a beaded necklace for a beautiful piece of original art work in crayon on the back of a keno card from the above pictured blond princess who rode out for some Nacho Ride fun. It'll be displayed with pride in my private collection on our Frigidaire.

And finally, Phil was showing off the brand new Nacho Ride t-shirts and promoting next week as the "t-shirt ride" when Nacho Ride lovers will be able to purchase their own souvenir Nacho Ride t-shirt. The price hasn't been set yet, but he was saying that they wouldn't sell for over $10. So, be sure to be on next weeks Nacho Ride to get one for yourself, and impress all your friends.

I rode to work and back today and with the Nacho Ride I spun a total of 43.30 miles.

1 comment:

  1. We showed up and hour late and Bikes were wrapped around surrounding buildings. They ran out of taco meat for a while there. Great times for sure. One heck of a fun ride. We the later crew and loved seeing all the folks rollin with the leis.

    35 miles RT for me. Nothing but smiles the next morn.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails