Friday, July 17, 2009

After work I split... And so did my tire.

I left the corner of 56th & Superior riding west on the sidewalk on the North side of Superior. Trafic was heavy. I finally got a quick break in the line of cars and shot across Superior street. Riding fast across the street I did a bunny hop over the curb, that probally looked really cool as I sailed over the curb and across the grass.

Then my cool stunt ended when I landed my rear wheel rather violently on the sharp edge of the Superior street trail. My tire was instantly flat. I took the wheel off to find a couple of big splits in the tube and one in the tire itself and it left a small ding in my rim.

I put a folded up dollar bill inside the tire and replaced the tube then headed to Bike Pedalers to order a new tire. They set me up with tire liners as well that'll offer even more protection against flats. I still think they are good tires and that anyothers would have flattened with an abusive blow like that too. We'll see if my dollar bill boot will hold up till my tire comes in on Tuesday.

Other than that, it was a great ride that yielded 20.43 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails