Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Stop for new rim tape on the commute.

I worked overnight last night so didn't go into the office till this afternoon.

I made a stop at Bike Pedalers to get some rim tape, since getting the narrower tires I've had a few flats from over inflating the tube and the spokes are piercing holes in the tubes.

The wheels come factory with a rubber liner on the rim to prevent this, but it's pretty chincy. The bike shop set me up with heavy rim tape and a new spare tube for $8. Now, with good rim tape and kevolar tires I should be good to go. Why dosent the factory just raise the price by five or ten bucks on the bike and sell them with good rim tape?

I love Bike Pedalers, while they had it up on the stand they checked the drive train over and adjusted the brakes. Their service is always outstanding.

Today's miles = 20.46

1 comment:

  1. not only are your tires inflated, you are too. blown up man you have huge thighs and need to watch your intake.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails