Thursday, July 16, 2009

Scouted out a ride to Bennet from Lincoln.

The wife and I have been talking about taking a ride to Bennet for supper at Mamasitas Resturante, well if the weather is good tonight we're planning on going.

I wanted to scout it out first and see how far it was. I took the day off work to ride and mow the yard and maybe sneak in a nap.

I left this morning across the Holmes Lake Dam Trail then took the Billy Wolff Trail to the back side of Wal-Mart on Hwy 2, then went East down the shoulder of Hwy. 2 to the Bennet exit. I turned South there and continued 2 miles into town, the roads have nice wide shoulders all the way.

On the North side of Bennet you'll find the cemetery with an inviting bench in the shade just 6.85 miles from Wal-Mart. Many of the markers date back over a century, and makes for a good stop to catch your breath.

In Bennet I spotted this charming wood work / clock shop with a regal looking cruiser parked in the shade near a split-rail fence.

I figured it was around 7.25 miles from the Wal-Mart to Mamasitas. But, from home to Bennet and back I rode 29.22 miles this morning and got back to Lincoln just before a heavy rain set in. Guess mowing will have to wait (yes!) time for a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails