Thursday, July 16, 2009

Missed him by a hare.

Fellow star city cyclist Shane is always complaining about near misses with rabbits on Lincoln bike trails on facebook.

Since I don't ride fast and since he's already spooked them all off the trails I guess I've never had to contend with bagging a bunny out of season, until today's ride back from Bennet. I was headed N.W. On the Billy Wolff Trail South of Old Cheney Rd when a rabbit on the left side of the trail decided to run beside me, then dart from left to right in front of me.

I grabbed a couple of handfuls of break and just missed the little demon. I left a couple of skid marks, one on the trail, and the other...

1 comment:

  1. Count yourself lucky. My brother in law ran over a skunk coming donw the Holmes Lake dam a couple weeks back. Talk about smelly!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails