Monday, June 21, 2010

It pays to be a good dad!

Today we had a severe storm roll though this morning the same time as I needed to ride to work so I ended up driving. After a few hours at the office I got a call that our finished basement had standing water in it. I rushed home to clean it up.

It was bad enough that my commute got rained/hailed out, but now my basement was flooded. We vacuumed and mopped up 195 gallons of water as the sump pump tried to catch up.

But, things took a turn for the better later when we went to pick up my Fathers Day gifts from Bike Pedalers. I was given a new Brooks B17 Special saddle for Trusty Rusty and new road tires since I'd wore my factory rubber down to the fabric. I was also given a set of wider tires with a bit of tread for riding on gravel from my wife & kids. After Seward's 4th of July ride I'll switch them out and ride more gravel.

What great fathers day gifts! Even though I don't go for all that mushy stuff, and am known to pronounce 'I love you' to sound more like; "Lets go for a (bike) ride" or "Do you want to go fishing with me" somehow my kids must understand my poor speech and know what I'm really trying to say. I feel very loved.

Tomorrow we Nacho Ride, then, first thing Wednesday it's off to the Tour De Nebraska!!! Whoo Hoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails