Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A fast ride to work. After that biking took a turn for the worse.

I made record time getting to work. There was a bit of a breeze at my back, but for some reason I felt really strong and hit all the lights. It was a crazy fun ride in to the office.

After work my speed went WAY down! I had a stiff headwind and it was so muggy. Later I met up with Dan to Nacho Ride. Storms were in the area, and the crowd on the trail was thin, but we decided to give it a try. 1/2 way to Eagle the clouds got bad and the temperate dropped fast. We found out the storms that were going around Lincoln were now circling back with a vengeance.

We chose to pull the plug and turn back. We made it back to the trailhead as the first drops began, moments later it was a monsoon with hail and bad wind. We cut it close, but lucked out. Today's miles on the work commute and 1/2 a Nacho Ride = 29.6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails