Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A perfect night for the Nacho Ride.

Not to make you feel bad...

But, if you weren't there, you missed out on a beautiful night to spin with friends old and new on the Nacho Ride.

The weather was so perfect and everyone was a joy to be around. I got to know some really cool cyclist as we rode out and back and while we visited and ate.

As always the food at the One Eyed Dog hit the spot and the service was great. And, as promised on www.nachoride.com the OED has started a drawing each week for a $25 gift certificate to a LBS. All nachoriders pick up a ticket at the OED and they hold a drawing for the prize each week! What a cool promotion!

Thanks for doing that.

Remember, you've got to Nacho Ride to win, so be sure to go every Tuesday!

During the time I was there we counted 18 riders. I know the wet weather that was predicted and the June Jam downtown probally kept the crowd down this week. But luck prevailed and it truly was a wonderful ride.

And to top it all off, my bike was absolutely amazing. I can't tell you enough how sweet it's riding. I love my new tires, brake pads, and drive train parts. But, Matt at Bike Pedalers did such an outstanding job getting it tuned up. It's absolutely shocking how much easier it is to pedal and how smooth its shifting now. I'm sure wrenches at all the shops do good work, but I appreciate having someone I know I can count on to keep my whip running well and safe to ride. He's truly an artist with a wrench.

What more could I have asked for? 75 cent tacos, awsome people oozing feel good carma, perfect weather and a bike that practically pedaled itself! I'm on a two-wheel high! Won't you join us next week on another fun, easy, leisurely Nacho Ride?

I drove to work since the bike was in the shop so the Nacho Ride was it. Today's miles = 20.98

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails