Sunday, June 7, 2009

A weak ending to a strong week.

Late this afternoon I set out to pedal around 25 miles. Often, when I don't feel a lot like riding I usually come out of it once I get on and start going. Today I was having a relaxing ride, but just couldn't get into a good rhythm. My attitude further wilted when I was smoked by a fixie rider 15 years older than me in street clothes. His lack of gears and extra years should have made him easy to pass or at least keep up with. But the win wasn't in my spoke cards today. I'm just a wuss.

At 13.55 miles I had to quit to do something for the kids and thought I'd go back out later...

Well, a big bowl of Cookies and Cream ice cream convinced me to stay on the couch.

So tonight, I'm headed to bed with a belly full of Blue Bunny and brused ego after being out muscled by grandpa gearless. It was a great week with something like 240 miles on the bike, but I feel like I'm ending it on a weak note.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails