Friday, June 5, 2009

The good bye ride.

As soon as I got home from work I took our two youngest out for a spin around Holmes Lake. Then took our youngest to meet his mom in York. He'll be with her in Oklahoma the rest of June & July only coming back for a couple of days over the 4th. I won't get all sappy about it. Just say that I'm looking forward to him being back at the beginning of August and hope the next couple of months go by fast. It's an annual ritual that you never get used to. You just try to pull through. Yesterday I didn't ride. Not because I was too sore or tired after Wednesday's century (the sunburn is all that hurts) but because I had a meeting in Columbus then came home to do yard work and didn't find time to squeeze in a ride. Going to work and back and 1 lap on the trail around Holmes Lake I got in 24.4 miles today. I weighed this morning to find that I gained 2 lbs. must have been that delicious greezy breakfast in Cortland. Not complaining though, it was worth it. The extra weight is just valid justification to go for another ride, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails