Thursday, July 1, 2010

"this life is what you make it" - The Hannah Montana bike story.

"Ha! Ha, ha!!!" Said my son recently while pointing at my bike. "Dad! *giggle, giggle* You've got a Hannah Montana bike!!!"

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"That's a Hannah Montana song! Dad, your riding a Hannah Montana bike! Your riding a GIRLS bike!"

With a 'oh crap' look on my face I said, "Hannah Montana has a song called This Life Is What You Make It? I didn't know that, I just thought it was a cool saying."

He swore it was true, he'd heard it on the Disney Chanel. I'd recently picked up the decal and thought it resonated with my mentality and decided to place it on my top tube to remind myself and others that if you have a rotten attitude you'll have a rotten life, and if you make life fun... well, you get it.

Naturally, I had to find out if my bike had really become a 'girls bike'. I looked it up. A quick check on google and I realized that my boy was right, it is a Hannah Montana song, it's also the title of one of her DVDs. But, before that Marilyn Monroe (also a girl) had been quoted saying the same line.

Well, crap, weather I like it or not, I guess I've got a girls bike now. It's one of the casualties of getting old and being out of touch with pop culture. Maybe my next accessory will be a flower basket and streamers to mount to the handlebars.

So much for trying to look like a hardcore cyclist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails