Saturday, May 29, 2010

Gravel to Beatrice.

This morning I met up with Jim from www.angrycowadventures.com in Hickman for a gravel ride to Beatrice. Aaron, Tim, Spencer, and two Daves did the ride too. We took gravel & dirt roads as well as the Homestead Trail to get there. We pedaled through a tough headwind and hot temps before turning into a sweet tailwind at Beatrice.

On the way back we took advantage of the wind and coasted down hwy 77 back to Cortland before getting back on the trail and turning to gravel back into Hickman. The group was a ton of fun. The route was scenic. And I was surprisingly pleased with how my road bike did on the gravel. While a new cyclecross bike would probably be best for gravel, I think I'll try some wider tires on the Felt and save the money. Today's miles = 59.7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails