Monday, March 1, 2010

Finding a way to bike to work.

Yesterday's ride just made me hungry for more. And today was gorgeous! The bike trails I take on my work commute have ice in a lot of spots, so I decided to leave for work about 45 minutes early and take 48th St. (a major street that's not good to bike on) Trafic was almost non existent, it's shocking how bad that street clogs up starting around 6:30am and stays like that till evening.

The ride to work was fast, uneventful and short coming in at just 6.9 miles since it's a pretty straight shot. It's really not a bad route, if I can get my butt out of bed early enough to beat the traffic.

After work it was warm and I knew the ice would be mostly gone, so I rode the trails home and logged another 10 miles even. The trails had a lot of standing water on them, and my bike was a mess by the time I got home. But it was great to be out riding instead of sitting in trafic! I also rode around the neighborhood a little bringing today's total miles to 18.0

Now, time to clean the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails