Thursday, June 16, 2011

Fast as lightning.

Well, maybe not. But I did beat this morning's thunderstorm to the office. And by the time I was ready to take the Felt to the dentist after work (the bike's teeth are fine, mine needed cleaned) the sky was blue.

While I may not be as fast as I'd like to think I am, I'm not alone. Construction on the Billy Wolff is taking longer than first thought. Bikers are still being sent down the sidewalk on the West side of Capital Parkway. On the way to work I had the chance to check my brakes when a driver made a right turn onto Capital Parkway without looking right first.
In the same spot on the way home I had to navigate around 30 some YMCA youth program kids while being heckled by one of my loyal blog readers. I was starting to think the commute was getting trickier than I could handle. Slackers like me will be thankful to find the detour sends cyclists between the Teacher's Fountain and the Rose Garden and the overwhelming fragrance is enough to restore any beat down self esteem. Today's miles = 21.77


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails