Friday, September 18, 2009

Don't be fenced in, go ride your bike!

Rode to work and back today, and on the ride home I generally take some of the new Antelope Valley Project trails. Today I was greeted with a chain link fence and "sidewalk closed" sign blockng my path as they continue to work in the area.

Just a hickup in the grand scheme of the future of cycling in Lincoln. Oh well, it'll be worth it in the end. Besides, what's a bike ride without an impromptu detour? Aren't the best adventures found just off the beaten path?

For those of you who aren't regularly riding your bike, what's stopping you?

I figure I've got less than 10,000 more good chances to ride before I die of old age, and don't intend to let anything stop me from the fun of riding. Whatever obstacles (real or imagined) that are in your path to cycling bliss are only opportunities for you to find your detour and the adventure on it.

I don't care if you ride around the block or get a century in today, just dig your bike out of the garage and ride it. And be proud of yourself for doing it.

Today's miles on the commute to work = 20.06 I had a ton of fun and am proud of myself for having the ambition to leave my coffin parked and enjoy 45 minutes before and after work outdoors rather than 30 minutes each way stuck in traffic in my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails